Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Best Friend

Hello everyone. I have been trying to get back on track with my blog, but it seems as though there's been one thing after another happening. It has been a hard week for me. Last Friday night me and all the cards players met at our friends house. We usually go there because she has been having trouble with her health and cannot walk very good anymore. We had two tables playing and having a good time as usual. We played until 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Before we left, we made plans to meet back at her house at 6:00 p.m. that evening to cook and play more cards. She just loved that. Well that evening came and I called to see if anyone had made it to her house. She didn't answer the phone. I waited about 30 minutes and called again, still no answer. There was a knock on my door. It was my cousin and her husband. They were carrying on casual conversation and I knew it was strange for them to just show up, but I didn't really think anymore about it. While we were talking my phone rang. I answered it and the message was to tell me everyone was over to Dorothy's cause she had passed. That hurt me so deeply. She was my best friend. My lifelong card partner. Things will definately not be the same. Her funeral was today. I will always miss her, but we have a lifetime of good memories. I thank God for sharing her with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment