Monday, April 6, 2009

A Busy Weekend

Hello everyone,
It has been a very busy weekend, especially Saturday but it was all good. Saturday morning I got up and cooked what I was to bring to my Aunt's 83rd suprise birthday brunch. It was at one of her daughter's house. I arrive there at 10 a.m. and we got thing set up and several of her friends came over. When her other daughter brought her in the house and we hollered "Happy Birthday", she was just really surprised. She is the only older member of our family we still have and believe me, she is the Rock.
Then after the brunch was over, I went home for a minute to regroup. It wasn't long before time to go to another surprise 60th birthday bash for a husband of a friend. It was a catered affair. They had told him that he had to be the speaker for this event of an organization he holds dear to his heart, so he thought he was going to help them. When he entered the building and everyone said "Surprise" he said his knees almost buckled. He was so touched that he cried.
Sunday morning, me and a group of friends went to support one of our female evangelist from our church as she spoke at a church out of town. It was a joyous time.
So my weekend was full and really that's how I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment